Friday, March 9, 2012

Piano Lessons

When I was a kid, everyone always threw such a fit when they had to go to piano lessons.  They were so adamant about how horrible they are that I never took any.
This is an e-mail I got today from one of the parents that I teach piano to their kids:

"I am so sorry for the short notice but the kids have to get shots this morning and I totally forgot :( so we won't be able to come for piano. They are walking around the house crying and they haven't had the shots yet! I'm glad I didn't tell them a week ago, it would have been a long week! Sorry!!"

This is a very typical reaction when someone doesn't come to piano.  I just don't get it.  I mean, yeah, they earn "stars" and get prizes and all, but it's still piano.  What gives?  Sometimes I worry people think I'm a child predator.

No comments:

Post a Comment