Thursday, February 23, 2012

Adventures at Church

Oh, my gosh!  I can't believe I forgot to post this one!  It's a classic.
So, my husband and I teach a church class of 7-year-olds.  There's one boy in the class, in particular, that's always out of control.  This past week, the lesson was about how Heavenly Father watches over us.  At the end, the kids were supposed to draw a picture of themselves on these lame necklaces I made that said, "Heavenly Father Watches Over Me" on them.  Well, Mr. Genius, as he shall now be known, drew a picture of himself with a mustache and pony tail.  Okay, fine, whatever.  It's when he chose to draw a rather detailed picture of his "area" that the crap hit the fan.  On top of that, every single kid in the class knew what it was.  I didn't know what an "area" looked like until I'd been married for a year!
I told Mr. Genius that that wasn't okay and that he needed to draw some arms or something over it, since it was below his bemustached head.  His answer was to get a yellow crayon and to write, very lightly, over the top, "Sorry."
Shockingly, he somehow managed to drop his picture in the trash can.  In hind sight, I should have taken it out to his mom and made her wear it around her neck for the world to see.
This is why I'm not going to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment