Wednesday, March 13, 2013

BIO 190

I'm taking my first college Biology course, and I can't believe how stressed over it I am!  I've never been one to worry about tests, but I can't sleep the night before an exam with this class.  Right now, I'm waiting to go to class to take my next exam, and I'm actually nauseous.

Granted, the first quiz I took for this course I completely bombed (somewhere around 60% correct), but ever since then I've done increasingly better.  Still, I keep thinking I'm going to fail miserably.  I guess that's the doormat in me.  Especially since, even if I did fail, it wouldn't be that big of a deal--I'd just take the course again.

I seriously didn't want to fail Statistics, because I hated every second of it, but I'm quite enjoying this class.  I stayed as far away from Science courses in high school as I could (terrified of being told to dissect something), but the deeper I get into Biology, the more interesting I find it.  I'm no longer terrified that I'm a Science major.

What I'm feeling, right this moment, is akin to stage fright--I know everything's going to be fine, but I'm so freaking tense I can hardly function.  Once the test starts, I'll be fine (even if I don't know the answers), so it's stupid that I feel this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment