Saturday, December 1, 2012

Hair Dying Adventures

My mom and I have been going to this beauty school that's near our house to have our hair done because it's about half the price of a regular salon.  Well, with Christmas coming up, I didn't want to spend even that much on myself, so we ended up buying hair dye at Wal*Mart and dying each other's hair.  We discovered some very important things:

1)Hair dye comes off of all surfaces, including skin, with frightening ease if you use a baby wipe.

2)If your local grocery store doesn't have the hair dye brushes that salons use, cheap-o house painting brushes work just as well.

3)Medium Brown hair dye looks like very dirty pudding.

4)Bright Auburn hair dye looks exactly like grape jelly.

5)It's really quite easy to dye someone else's hair, and worth it when the dye kit is $2.25 on sale.

On another note, my parents bought us a new couch for Christmas (whoot-whoot!), and my dad drove it to our remote location.  As we were driving, we passed a car that had a live chicken in the back window.  The chicken was white with black spots.  And it was pecking the back of a girl's head.

The car was also quite nice, which didn't fit in well with the whole situation.

And as I couldn't sleep last night, the probing question that wouldn't leave me alone is:  How a bat goes from flying to hanging upside down in a cave?  Do they scrabble around for a hold?  Do they quit flying?  Sadly, I can find no videos to assuage my grief-stricken curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment