Thursday, April 10, 2014

My Mom Belongs in a Book

My dad paints, and he recently had someone commission a portrait from him.  My parents have two schnoodles that bark like crazy whenever anyone knocks on the door.  They also have those doorknobs that will open on the inside, even if they are locked, so they are constantly locking themselves out of the house.

A few days ago, my dad went outside.  A short time later, a knock sounded on their door.  The dogs went berserk, so my mom went to the door, yelling at the dogs and spraying them with a water bottle.  Assuming my dad had locked himself out (again), she opened the door and sprayed the knocker in the face.  Multiple times.

It wasn't my dad.

It was the guy that commissioned the painting.

My mom belongs in a book.  Especially considering that, after the guy came inside, she couldn't find my dad and had to send him away to come back another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment