Sunday, June 10, 2012

1st Birthday

We took Fay to the zoo for her first birthday.  She paid a lot more attention to the animals than she did when we went to the zoo after finalization.  She fell and scratched her knee, but didn't say a word about it.  If anything, she's happy because now she has a scab to pick.
Her birth mother called, and it was really nice to talk to her.  She's getting married soon.  A day or two ago, our caseworker called to tell us that the birth mother has gone AWOL.  I wasn't worried until I had a nightmare last night that she came for Fay and I woke up in a panicked prayer.
I hope she just eloped and that everything's fine.

2 comments:

  1. That relationship fell through, and I wasn't AWOL, they just said I was. I was having a rough patch, that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured it wasn't anything as major as they said--they tend to freak out about everything. We always love to hear from Mama Hannah!

    ReplyDelete